Saturday, June 23, 2007

Starfish & Bats in Phang Nga Bay

We just arrived in Chiang Mai. The past two days we've been kayaking in the Phang Nga Bay. It was my first time kayaking, but I had a great partner to teach me the ropes. Yesterday we just kayaked around several islands and stopped at a few small beaches to swim. I played with a few starfish in one of the lagoons. Today, we kayaked some more around different islands and went into caves and some lagoons. One cave had calcium rocks so they sparkled. The other was a bat cave with literally thousands of bats hanging out on the ceiling. That was really cool, but it smelled really awful.





I felt bad for our fellow passengers on the plane ride today because we didn't have a chance to change before we left. Tomorrow is a relaxing day. We get a 2-hour Thai massage in the morning and then head to Thai Cooking School where we'll learn to cook a 5 course meal. Hope everyone is doing well. It's hard to believe I only have one more week in this beautiful place!

Love.
MG

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, babycakes!
It was so nice to hear your voice this morning....at 6am! It sounds as though you're having an incredible time & that makes your old mom & dad very happy...otherwise, we'd have to come get you!

Can't wait to see you & spend some down time with you in Fbg.

lym-
mom
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Maggie-

If you are having a good time, that is all that is important, Maggie girl. Sounds like fun but hard to put myself into your place (at my age). Enjoy it all and come home safe and sound is my prayer for you. Know your Mom and Dad will be so glad to see you and get a hug.

Lots of love to you and your blog is wonderful. May God Bless You each and every day.

Love, Grandma Clara

Unknown said...

Hey Maggie!!
Just thought I would say Hi and that I miss you. It sounds like you are having the time of your life! I am so freaking jealous. =) I can't wait to hear more about your trip and all that good stuff; One of these days I am going to come visit you up in Austin. Live it up for the both of us and call me whenever you get back!!

Love,
Steph-your favorite cousin

Anonymous said...

Wow Maggie!
I could not be happier for you. All of this is so up your alley. Amazing is the only word that keeps coming to my mind. The world is truly your oyster and it is so cool that you are comfortable exploring and living life this way. Everything sounds so beautiful. Live loud Maggie for those of us who are at this moment living vicariously through you! We love you to pieces!! Come home safe.
laura, bernie and kate

Anonymous said...

Hey Maggie!
I enjoy reading your blog! It sounds like you are having a great time! The 2 hour massage sounds wonderful! I can't wait to taste some of your Thai cooking! I look forward to seeing you soon and hearing all about your trip in person! I'm praying for you!
I love you so much!
Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

Maggie: How awesome that you are getting to be on this trip! I think you are the only person I know that has the courage and ability to do all that's required. You must be seeing some beautiful sites that not too many people get to see...nothing like traveling with the natives! I'll be glad when you are home safe & can show us the pictures! Linda