Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Coffee Break

I have Italian class everyday at 9 a.m., and then I don't have another class until 3:30. That's a pretty big gap in the day! Recently I've been spending it at this place called Coffee Break, a coffee shop and one of the few internet spots in Perugia. Each morning there is a guy, who I recently found out is called Francesco, that works the counter. He makes a mean caffè (aka espresso), and over daily morning caffes we have talked more and more.

Today, we decided to be each others language teachers. He speaks decent English, as I speak decent Italian, so we manage to get by! I'm excited for this new friendship. It's exactly what I've been looking for in my trip abroad...real interaction with Italian people. We exchanged music today, so now I have some real Italian music that is actually good! He also made for me a drink called caffe shakerato made with a shot of espresso and Bailey's then blended with a touch of sugar. It's excellent! It will definitely be my drink of choice come summertime.

I'll keep you updated on my progress with my "real" Italian teacher.

2 comments:

ccb said...

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie...
You amaze me! You make friends everywhere...have fun, be careful...

love you MORE-
mom

Ladan A. said...

I'm officially addicted to your blog. It has been bookmarked. This way when you come home, we can chat like you haven't gone anywhere at all.. It's like I was there! Or something like that. Love you!! :)