Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekends in Perugia

The past two weekends I have spent in Perugia trying to become more acclimated to the place I now call "home." It's been really nice being able to just wander through the narrow alleys and find new places. There is a beautiful Saturday market that always has great stuff.

This past Saturday, Kristen and I went on an adventure to find the Medieval Gardens. I've read about them, and they have occupied a spot on my To-Do list for a while now. We walked around aimlessly, but eventually found them. Unfortunately for us, they are only open during the week (apparently, guidebooks sometimes lie). However, they look beautiful, and I'm hoping to go back sometime this week when I can actually walk around.

On another note, there are posters around town advertising various events. One particular poster for a dance company called Momix has been catching my eye for the past week or so. I mentioned this to Kristen Saturday at lunch, and we decided to go. It was in Assisi, which is only about a 20 minute train ride away. We got dressed nicely for the theater and decided to go early for a long dinner. When we called the box office before leaving Perugia, they said it was all sold out. We were already dressed, so we decided to go to Assisi anyway...even if it was just for a nice dinner.

Sunset in Assisi upon arrival

A pretty church


We get to Assisi, go to the box office, and find that tickets are available! We got fourth row seats! Happily, we walked to find a place to eat. It was a great dinner, and we were both incredibly excited that the show worked out. The show ended up being one of the most beautiful spectacles I have ever seen. Please check out their website. The company is called Momix, and they have various shows being performed throughout the world. We saw "Passion," and that night has turned into my favorite night here thus far.

The full house

Definition of excitement

No comments: