Thursday, January 17, 2008

Period: Acclimation

As school started this week, I'm slowing starting to get into a pseudo routine. I have Italian every morning at 9 a.m., but I have a break until the early afternoon when the rest of my classes start. I'm taking three other classes: Italian Cinema: 1945 to Present, Globalization and the World Economy, and International Marketing. I can already tell I'm really going to enjoy the Cinema and Globalization classes (despite a lot of reading for the latter), but I'm not sure about the marketing yet. We didn't talk much about the class, but apparently we get to work with a travel agency and help develop a marketing plan for them. I think that's really cool!

Apart from class, I've been cooking nearly every night. I don't necessarily cook, but I'm around other people who do. Naturally we've been experimenting with various pastas and sauces. Last night I went over to my friend Lauren's apartment, and she made pasta from scratch. I mean, made from eggs and flour only, rolled it out, let it dry, cut it up, Italian-style pasta. It was excellent! Eggplant has also become my new best friend. It's so tasty and filling and ridiculously fresh.

Lindsay (left) and Rachel (right)...weird how that alliteration worked out. Two of my roommates cooking dinner. (This picture was stolen from Jenny, another roommate.)



We are also trying to start a breakfast club since most of us have class at 9 and then not again until the afternoon. I wasn't able to attend today because I had too much reading to do for my class today. Hopefully, I'll get back on it next week.

New friends. From left to right: Kristen, Lauren, Me, Casey (Picture stolen from Casey.)



Food. Wine. Friends. Our typical night here. (Picture stolen from Casey.)

1 comment:

Welker said...

Looks like you're having fun! I just got into Aix yesterday. If you want to read about it, I just updated my blog. I hope we can meet up sometime this semester! Talk to you soon!