Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Return of the Sun

After only seeing one day of sunshine in Perugia thus far, I was thoroughly pleased to wake up to an actual sunrise and head for school with a blue sky. We are all so thankful for the sunshine, and I can only hope that it lasts for a few days.

This weekend I'm going to Sorrento, which is in southern Italy close to Naples. Three of us are headed there to see Pompeii and Herculaneum. It should be a really humbling experience.

We'll only be in Naples for a short while to transfer trains, so hopefully we won't smell too much of the stinch of all the trash. Don't know if news from Naples is reaching the US, but the trash workers have gone on strike. This week there is 3,500 tons of garbage lining the streets. It's down from the 7,000 tons from last week! People are starting to burn it in the street. It's really bad stuff, but we'll be safe, and I'm going with two big guys so I feel pretty safe.

I'm going to enjoy the weather!

1 comment:

ccb said...

Hi, my girl with the curls!
I'm missing you quite a bunch right now...

We're still in Reno & your dad set up our Alaskan fishing expedition for the end of July...WOO HOO! It's going to be fantastic. Then it's Missouri December 15th to chase whitetails (I'm going for an ibex---YAY!)

Let's skype soon---I'm needing some mg time.

LYM-
mom